This post contains affiliate links, to learn more see our policy and disclosures
What does skin toner do?
Skin toner is used after you have cleansed your face to remove any excess oil, dirt, or residual makeup that still may be lingering on your skin. In addition to that, natural skin toner can help balance the pH of your skin. The combination of a proper pH balance and the pore cleansing effects of this natural skin toner, may help you ward off bothersome acne breakouts that are a result of oily skin.
That being said, whether you have oily skin, dry skin, or something in between, this natural skin toner is great for all skin types. Also, the touch of lavender in this skin toner has a very calming and relaxing effect, making it a perfect addition to your bedtime skin care regimen.
What ingredients do I need? And how long does it take to make?
Once you have the few ingredients listed below on hand, this natural skin toner only takes 2-3 minutes to make.
Natural Skin Toner Recipe
- Organic Witch Hazel – 4 ounces (118 ml)
- Organic Rose Water – 1 1/2 ounces (44 ml)
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil – 5 Drops
- A Pinch And a Half of Himalayan Pink Salt
- Organic Frankincense Essential Oil – 2 Drops
How do I make it?
- In a 8 ounce Amber Glass Bottle, pour in the listed amount of Witch Hazel first, followed by the Rose Water.
- Next, add the Himalayan Pink Salt.
- Place the top on the bottle, tighten it, and gently swirl the solution until the majority (75%-80%) of the pink salt has dissolved.
- Open the bottle, and add the listed amounts of lavender and frankincense oil.
- Lastly, reclose the bottle and gently swirl the solution for 15-30 seconds and your natural skin toner will be complete.
How do I apply it?
This is one of the most important parts of this process (you’ll find out why in just a bit).
Apply a moderate amount of natural skin toner solution to a cotton ball or soft cotton pad.
After doing so, gently swipe the cotton across the desired areas of your face.
One swipe per area, do not double swipe on the same area.
Use With Care
Even though this is a natural skin toner, it is still capable of drying out your skin. Only a little bit of this solution is needed, even if you have the oiliest of oily skin. Over-applying this skin toner or any other, can strip away natural and needed oils from your skin.
Keep this in mind….
This natural skin toner is great for all skin types, including those with sensitive skin. As with trying anything new on your skin, it is a good idea to try it on a small area of your skin first and monitor for reactions.
Left Over Ingredients….
Most likely after mixing this solution you’ll still have some ingredients left. Feel free to make another bottle or double up the recipe as needed.
If you have enough toner, here are a few quick ideas to help you make use of your left over ingredients.
Organic Witch Hazel – Aside from having skin toning properties of its own, it makes for a soothing aftershave as well
Organic Rose Water – Great for soothing irritated skin and can be used on small cuts and scrapes
Organic Lavender Essential Oil – Place a few drops on your pillow an hour before you go to bed for a relaxing sleep
Himalayan Pink Salt – After making your skin toner, take the pink salt left overs to the kitchen and start cooking (contains no iodine)
Organic Frankincense Oil – This ancient oil is an excellent addition to any Natural Air Freshener used in your home